Monday, July 16, 2012

Ramadan is Coming!

Asalaamu alaykum wa rahmatallahi wa barakato,
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of God be upon you,

I just wanted to make a pre-Ramadan post because things are about to get REAL real quickly.  I am so excited for Ramadan this year!  What a great time to grow in Islam and get closer to Allah, subhanahu wa ta'ala (glorified and exalted be He).

I want to start having some Ramadan traditions this year -- since I live in the U.S. and am a revert and all, (and I don't know many other Muslims) I think it would be nice to have an activity that makes me feel more involved and festive-y.  Crafts maybe?  Make some cute lanterns, a banner, a garland?  Invite the neighbors to Iftaar (I saw that idea on the internet, so cute and nice, masha'Allah (God has willed it)? I dunno though, because when I fast, I don't have too much energy.  It can be challenging to keep up with chores, do homework, and study the Qur'an when your brain is muddling by on a few calories from the iftaar (after sunset meal) you ate the night before.

Here's some cute crafts that I could make in sh Allah (god willing):



My spiritual goals for Ramadan:  I want to learn two new surahs a week.  That may sound ambitious (or not, I dunno) but my summer classes are over soon, so ins ha'Allah (God willing) I'll have enough time to do more memorization.  I also want to work on my Arabic and read the Qur'an in Arabic.  In sha'Allah!

Lastly, Ramadan Kareem to anyone and everyone out there!  Hope you all enjoy a blessed month from Allah (swt), insha'Allah.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment