Thursday, March 22, 2012

Designer Spotlight: Rabia Z

I just discovered Rabia Z!  She's an American-Afghani hijab-esque (I say esque, because not all of her pieces are full  on hijab) designer.  Rabia specializes in "moderate" hijab and abaya design, which I don't  exactly agree with, but I still think a lot of her designs are beautiful, and they aren't sell your kidney expensive.  Her abayaat have a sort of sporty, modern feel with the stretchy fabrics and color-blocking.  Very on target, especially for younger hijabis.

My favorites:


 I love the one below the most! >>>

She also has a sportswear line, 'Ruby':



I like the Ruby pieces, but I think you would have to be careful when ya style them.  Baggy baggy pants/and or maxi skirts for this girl.  :)  Or, just for comfy clothes under an abaya....


No comments:

Post a Comment